Sunday 10 June 2012

Apologies for the lack of posts.Not much happening and I've been quite busy.But I will have more posts next week.

The weather still seems to be a bit of a story here.Skies are gray and it's been raining some but mostly the sky just looks really dreary.The Bow river is up,higher even than at mid-week,and it keeps rising a bit everyday.All the other local creeks and rivers are swollen too and I'm watching them a bit anxiously and remembering 2005 when I was flooded out.I lived along the Elbow river then,and in Calgary,that is the really dangerous river.The bow,though bigger tends to stay within it's banks better.I really don't want to go through another flood,as it is a really stressful event.In 2005 I was evacuated to a local college and stayed nearly a week in a small dorm room while the water rose daily and eventually seeped into the basement apartments of the building I was living in.My own apartment on the second floor was unharmed.This time around I am optimistic that the Bow won't flood it's banks.Even if it does,nearby houses are farther from it's banks than those on the Elbow.But all that could change with a lot more rain,and June tends to be a wet month.It's an anxious time.

No comments:

Post a Comment