Wednesday 2 May 2012

memoir writers homework

While in Toronto,I was a member of group of memoir writers that met on Mondays at The Lillian Smith Library.And an amazing group of writers it was.Though I no longer meet at their table,I still consider myself a member of this very inspiring community of writers.Each of us contributed topics for writing and each meeting we would draw those topics,written in small slips of paper, from a can,at random.Many of the topics contained ideas that would likely never have occured to me if left to my own devices.Yet,when I really think about it,and take the time to write about it,nearly every topic figured into my life in one way or another.As a result,I now have a vast amount of work product with which to start a memoir.I like to refer to each of these writing sessions as a "hunter/gatherer"activity,without which no writing could be undertaken.It is for this reason that I am going to entitle,hopefully at least on blog entry per week"memoir writers homework".These entries will be based upon on of the topics undertaken in the previous Mondays meeting.And yes,I promise to write for just ten minutes on each topic.More or less like I did when there in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment