Monday 27 August 2012

Calgary-Nose Hill Park(unedited edition)



Those of you who have been following this blog for some time will no doubt have figured out that I am somewhat addicted to photo editors.It's just that when you have a hammer,as they say,everything looks like a nail.I don't use any very sophisticated equipment to prepare these various photo essays.Just a cell phone camera and various online photo editors,some of which are better than others.But I though today that I would do this photo spread in two parts,one abstract,and the other,this one without any changes other than size formatting.

The subject of this essay was Nose Hill Park,and a few comments are called for here.Firstly I should note that Nose Hill Park is an immense expanse of land located in North West Calgary.It is an undeveloped park for the most part,having been preserved largely in it's natural state.From the air,or from nearby highways it appears as a huge hill,mostly brown or yellow.At night it appears as a huge blacked out area.But on the ground it is actually clothed in many colors,and,in fact has been the most interesting subject that I have taken on yet.The sky was very moody for a while this morning when I set out with cell phone in hand and the light changed from second to second. The result was incredibly interesting to my eyes and hopefully to yours as well.Some two hours after I arrived,I left with over seventy pictures,all of which I find amazing in one way or another.There were also some pictures which I was not able to capture.Cell phones,after all do have limitations.So you will not get to see pictures of the Calgary skyline,which was quite striking on this hazy,sunny,cloudy day.Neither do you get to see the white tail buck that I flushed from the bushes.But perhaps sometime I will get back here with some better equipment.










No comments:

Post a Comment